MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Date:June 17 2008 11:22pm
Subject:row-based replication (RBR) don't work
View as plain text
I'm attempting to switch to row-based replication but cannot get it
(either default MIXED mode or forced ROW) to work.  I'm having two
show-stopper problems when RBR is active that I don't have at all when
it is not:

1.  Replication is heinously slow because it seems to be CPU bound.
It's constantly in the "invalidating query cache entries (table)"
thread state even though I have query_cache_type = 0 (i.e., OFF).  I
see mysql cranking away with 99% CPU usage, whereas when I use
statement-based replication it is decidely IO bound, with barely any
CPU usage that isn't IO wait.  I had hoped for the opposite, and this
seems like buggy behavior...

2.  I can't stop and start the replication at all without breaking the
replication.  If I do "stop slave" and then "start slave" again it
immediately has an error like this, seemingly for random tables that
have been written to (not one in particular):

Could not execute Write_rows event on table
XXX; Duplicate entry
'YYY' for key 'ZZZ',
Error_code: 1062; handler error HA_ERR_FOUND_DUPP_KEY; the event's
master log binlog.000003, end_log_pos 704849

I have scoured the bug reports and found nothing to explain either of
these.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I'm running the Linux (AMD64 /
Intel EM64T) build of 5.1.25 on a xeon box...nothing that unusual
about my environment or database.  Only thing I could think of is that
my app does some large insert delayed ... values ... statements.  If
nobody has ideas I suppose I will file bug reports, but these are such
general failures I don't know what to say in them other than "it don't
work".

thanks,
eric

--