List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:July 18 2018 9:05pm
Subject:Re: Problems with compiling mysql++ 3.2.3
View as plain text
On Jul 18, 2018, at 1:02 AM, Pankaj Buddhe -X (pbuddhe - GREAT SOFTWARE LABORATORY PVT LTD
at Cisco) <pbuddhe@stripped> wrote:

> I am trying to compile mysql++ 3.2.3 with supported dependent MySql 8.0.11 on the
> following machine.

This is due to a feature Oracle removed in MySQL 8.0.1.  I’ve worked around the
problem in the trunk version of MySQL++, which you can download via the links in the
Source Code section of the project’s front page:

   https://tangentsoft.com/mysqlpp/#source

> We also try with MySQL 8.0.0 but seen different issue at compile time.
>
> lib/dbdriver.cpp: In member function 'bool mysqlpp::DBDriver::shutdown()':
> lib/dbdriver.cpp:338: error: 'mysql_shutdown' was not declared in this scope

Thanks for the report.  You can see the fix and its explanation here:

   https://tangentsoft.com/mysqlpp/info/b238cd34c2e426b4

That’s on trunk, so if you pull the trunk version per the instructions above,
you’ll get this fix for 8.0.0 and whatever future version Oracle releases that
removes this API for good.

> Please let me know highest version of MySql that will be supported to compile mysql++
> 3.2.3.

If you’re unwilling to use the trunk version, which is considered stable at the
moment, you’d have to step back to MySQL 5.x.

I’d prefer that you try the trunk version and report your findings.  That may push
me to make a release, which will probably end up being called 3.2.4.

Thread
Problems with compiling mysql++ 3.2.3pbuddhe - GREAT SOFTWARE LABORATORY PVT LTD atCisco)18 Jul 2018
  • Re: Problems with compiling mysql++ 3.2.3Warren Young18 Jul 2018