MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:October 10 2017 10:01pm
Subject:Re: 2.3.2-modern branch compile help
View as plain text
On Oct 10, 2017, at 11:50 AM, Arthur E. Heffern <arthurh@stripped> wrote:

> it's not clear to me if I should be using the Bakefile build toolchain

Yes.  When you check a version out of Fossil, it isn’t bootstrapped, and Bakefile is
one of the tools required to bootstrap the library.

This is one of the advantages of using release tarballs: they come already bootstrapped.

Thus, one of your options would be to overlay the contents of the v2.3.2-modern branch
atop an unpacked v2.3.2 release tarball.

> installing the latest version of Bakefile from its GIT repository

That’s part of your problem: MySQL++ still requires Bakefile 0.2.x, because they
broke the XML file format when moving to Bakefile 1.x, and we haven’t bothered to
rework everything to work with it.  You’re welcome to do the port for us, if you
like.  Patches are always thoughtfully considered here, if not always accepted.

The other alternative is to try to get Bakefile 0.2.x (x=9 or 10) working on your modern
Linux, which tends to be difficult because $REASONS.  I just punt: bootstrap on CentOS 5
or similar, then scp the files over to the modern box that won’t run Bakefile 0.x.

> someone could help with the proper process of building the 2.3.2-modern branch on
> 16.04 LTS

Well, I said I wasn’t going to be making any more releases from the v2.3.2-modern
branch, and this isn’t *quite* a release, but take it for what it is, because I
certainly don’t guarantee I’ll do it again:

    https://tangentsoft.com/mysqlpp/releases/mysql++-2.3.2-modern-20171010.tar.gz
Thread
2.3.2-modern branch compile helpArthur E. Heffern10 Oct
  • Re: 2.3.2-modern branch compile helpWarren Young10 Oct
    • Re: 2.3.2-modern branch compile helpArthur H11 Oct
      • Re: 2.3.2-modern branch compile helpWarren Young11 Oct