List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:October 6 2017 10:46am
Subject:Re: Request for static build config as a diff against 3.2.3
View as plain text
On Oct 6, 2017, at 12:22 AM, Adam Nielsen <adam.nielsen@stripped> wrote:

> * Use --enable-static (default) for ./configure but no static
>   libraries get built

That message comes from Autoconf, which doesn’t actually control linkage in MySQL++.
 The Bakefile method is the only supported way to do what you want.

> * Download Bakefile 1.2.5.1 and compile

If you read the web page, they tell you it’s incompatible with Bakefile 0.x.

> * Bakefile complains it can't find the Python module

Yeah, Bakefile doesn’t build properly everywhere any more.  Lately, I’ve ended
up doing the bootstrap on a CentOS 5 or 7 box with Bakefile 0.2.9 on it, then
scp’ing the generated files over to machines where it fails.

I haven’t tried 0.2.10 yet, but I’d bet it’s your host machine
that’s the problem here, not the .10 release per se.

> * Decide to post to mailing list in the hope that someone will take
>   pity on me and just send me the changes Bakefile would make

Here you go:

    http://tangentsoft.com/mysqlpp/releases/mysql%2b%2b-static-3.2.3a.tar.gz

This is not 3.2.3, it is actually the current tip-of-trunk with the *.bkl file changes you
requested.  This means it does have one unreleased change which I’ll get around to
bagging and tagging one of these days… :)

(It’s a fix necessary to make it build against newer MariaDB versions.)

See checkin [e5f2c3d83f] on the timeline for details:

    https://tangentsoft.com/mysqlpp/timeline
Thread
Request for static build config as a diff against 3.2.3Adam Nielsen6 Oct
  • Re: Request for static build config as a diff against 3.2.3Warren Young6 Oct
    • Re: Request for static build config as a diff against 3.2.3Adam Nielsen9 Oct