List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Remi Collet Date:June 21 2010 5:27am
Subject:Re: v3.1.0 imminent
View as plain text  
Le 21/06/2010 00:35, Warren Young a écrit :

> Remi, does the fact that MySQL++ is in Fedora mean it will be in one of the default
> RHEL 6 repos?

No, MySQL++ will not be in RHEL-6 but in EPEL-6 (fedora community repo 
for Enterprise Linux = RHEL, CentOS and other clones)

For Now :
	Fedora 12 = 3.0.9
	Fedora 13 = 3.0.9
	EPEL-5 = 3.0.9
	Rawhide  = 3.1.0 (will be Fedora 14)
	EPEL-6 = 3.0.9 but I could update as this repo in not really open, only 
available for test with RHEL-6 Beta.

Some packages have switch from EPEL-5 to RHEL-6. This is one of the 
goals of Fedora. Don't know if this could happen for MySQL++. Probably 
only if a master piece of software requires it, or on a huge demand from 

> I solicit opinions from anyone reading this: how long do you wish for
> MySQL++ to keep a stable ABI?

I will say : for the distro life ;)
Which is not an issue for Fedora (only about 1 year)
Which could be more difficult for RHEL.

For example EPEL-5 is going to stay with 3.0.9 (except if 3.1.1 restore 
the 3.0.9 ABI). This will imply backporting patches, if needed, to this 
version. This will be mandatory if a security issue were discovered.

In some (very rare) case, it could be decide to upgrade to a new version 
which breaks ABI. p.e. libevent update in (RHEL) 5.5 which impact 
memcached (in EPEL) and some others

> Besides, it's a maintenance hassle to use a different version number
> in mysql++.bkl and

I could understand this. But remember than most of libraries don't use 
"sources" version for "soname" one.

v3.1.0 imminentWarren Young13 May
  • Re: v3.1.0 imminentRick Gutleber14 May
    • Re: v3.1.0 imminentWarren Young14 May
      • Re: v3.1.0 imminentRick Gutleber14 May
  • Re: v3.1.0 imminentRemi Collet19 May
    • Re: v3.1.0 imminentWarren Young19 May
      • Re: v3.1.0 imminentWarren Young19 May
        • Re: v3.1.0 imminentJonathan Wakely20 May
      • Re: v3.1.0 imminentRemi Collet20 Jun
        • Re: v3.1.0 imminentJonathan Wakely20 Jun
          • Re: v3.1.0 imminentWarren Young21 Jun
            • Re: v3.1.0 imminentRemi Collet21 Jun