List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Issam W. Alameh Date:December 11 2000 12:01pm
Subject:Dedicated MySQL Server
View as plain text
Hello,
I am running a hosting company, where many of my customers are installing vbulletin which
is a php bulletin board on mysql database,

they got a lot of access, I have now 5 boards on one server, and sometimes the server
become very heavy,

is it a good Idea to have a dedicated mysql server, and will this makes things better and
faster,

I am thinking of celeron 600 with 512MB ram, what such machine can serve and what is the
best way to configure and start the database server..

Regards
Issam

Thread
Dedicated MySQL ServerIssam W. Alameh11 Dec
  • Re: Dedicated MySQL ServerJochen Wiedmann11 Dec
  • Re: Dedicated MySQL ServerIssam W. Alameh11 Dec
  • Re: Dedicated MySQL ServerJay11 Dec
    • Re: Dedicated MySQL ServerTodd Finney14 Dec