MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jan Kratochvil Date:June 25 2005 7:16pm
Subject:Re: [patch] DBD::mysql UTF-8 handling
View as plain text
Hi,

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 00:27:38 +0900, Rudy Lippan wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jun 2005, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> > Attached patch is just a followup to:
> > 	http://lists.mysql.com/perl/3006?f=plain
> But the patches don't make a distinction of binary vs. char types, ie. only
> char/varchar/text/&c. should be flagged as utf-8

You are right. It was already noted in the thread round the referenced original
mail. I just needed to get it working. Fast. In 99% of cases this hack should
work as all the binary data should get filtered there by is_utf8_string()
(on _read_, on _write_ this patch should be right).

This is not for any final import but it still better hack than the one before.

Regards,
Lace
Thread
[patch] DBD::mysql UTF-8 handlingJan Kratochvil25 Jun
  • Re: [patch] DBD::mysql UTF-8 handlingRudy Lippan25 Jun
    • Re: [patch] DBD::mysql UTF-8 handlingJan Kratochvil25 Jun