MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rudy Lippan Date:June 25 2005 3:27pm
Subject:Re: [patch] DBD::mysql UTF-8 handling
View as plain text
On Sat, 25 Jun 2005, Jan Kratochvil wrote:

> yet another mail in the utf8 saga.
>
> Attached patch is just a followup to:
> 	http://lists.mysql.com/perl/3006?f=plain
>
> but also implementing proper _writing_ of utf-8 data to MySQL. The patch above
> worked fine for me for _reading_ but I was unable to find out any way how to
> write them properly in utf-8.

But the patches don't make a distinction of binary vs. char types, ie. only
char/varchar/text/&c. should be flagged as utf-8 whereas BLOBs and friends
should be left alone, right?  Or did I miss the code that does that, for I only
did a cursory look over?

-r

Thread
[patch] DBD::mysql UTF-8 handlingJan Kratochvil25 Jun
  • Re: [patch] DBD::mysql UTF-8 handlingRudy Lippan25 Jun
    • Re: [patch] DBD::mysql UTF-8 handlingJan Kratochvil25 Jun