MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dave Howorth Date:June 21 2005 2:45pm
Subject:Re: DBD::mysql anonymous user problem
View as plain text
Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> On 6/21/05, Dave Howorth <dhoworth@stripped> wrote:
>
>>No. I should have mentioned that I'm using CPANPLUS for the install so
>>there's no opportunity to interact. If I run the tests manually, I can
>>edit mysql.mtest to the user 'test' that I added, but I don't understand
>>why the default CPAN installation isn't working. I thought it was all
>>supposed to default to the anonymous user?
>
> There is a possibility to interact, which was designed spefically with
> CPAN installations in mind: Write your own "mysqlconfig". Should be
> documented in the INSTALL section.

Well after having cpan run and then going back and investigating what
went wrong, you can change something. But mysql_config is already
installed in /usr/bin by SuSE so that's not really something that should
be edited by a user. There should be something elsewhere in a
user-alterable part of the file system, which is why I bodged it by
editing mysql.mtest.

But my main issue is that none of this should be necessary. It should
just install automatically using the default mysql anonymous accounts.
Why is that not working?

Thanks and regards,
Dave

Thread
DBD::mysql anonymous user problemDave Howorth21 Jun
  • Re: DBD::mysql anonymous user problemRudy Lippan21 Jun
    • Re: DBD::mysql anonymous user problemDave Howorth21 Jun
Re: DBD::mysql anonymous user problemDave Howorth21 Jun
  • Re: DBD::mysql anonymous user problemMichael Stassen21 Jun
    • Re: DBD::mysql anonymous user problemDave Howorth23 Jun