MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dave Howorth Date:June 21 2005 1:27pm
Subject:Re: DBD::mysql anonymous user problem
View as plain text
Rudy Lippan wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jun 2005, Dave Howorth wrote:
>
>>I'm trying to upgrade DBD::mysql and having trouble with the anonymous
>>user for the test database. When I run the install the tests fail with
>>messages like:
>>
>>   DBI connect('test','',...) failed: Access denied for user:
>>   'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) at t/50chopblanks.t line 57
>
> Did you set the username and password when you ran Makefile.PL?

No. I should have mentioned that I'm using CPANPLUS for the install so
there's no opportunity to interact. If I run the tests manually, I can
edit mysql.mtest to the user 'test' that I added, but I don't understand
why the default CPAN installation isn't working. I thought it was all
supposed to default to the anonymous user?

Thanks, Dave

Thread
DBD::mysql anonymous user problemDave Howorth21 Jun
  • Re: DBD::mysql anonymous user problemRudy Lippan21 Jun
    • Re: DBD::mysql anonymous user problemDave Howorth21 Jun
Re: DBD::mysql anonymous user problemDave Howorth21 Jun
  • Re: DBD::mysql anonymous user problemMichael Stassen21 Jun
    • Re: DBD::mysql anonymous user problemDave Howorth23 Jun