MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rudy Lippan Date:June 21 2005 12:42pm
Subject:Re: DBD::mysql anonymous user problem
View as plain text
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005, Dave Howorth wrote:

> I'm trying to upgrade DBD::mysql and having trouble with the anonymous
> user for the test database. When I run the install the tests fail with
> messages like:
>
>    DBI connect('test','',...) failed: Access denied for user:
>    'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) at t/50chopblanks.t line 57
>    Cannot connect: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using
>    password: NO)
>          Either your server is not up and running or you have no
>          permissions for acessing the DSN DBI:mysql:test.
>          This test requires a running server and write permissions.
>          Please make sure your server is running and you have
>          permissions, then retry.

Did you set the username and password when you ran Makefile.PL?

-r

Thread
DBD::mysql anonymous user problemDave Howorth21 Jun
  • Re: DBD::mysql anonymous user problemRudy Lippan21 Jun
    • Re: DBD::mysql anonymous user problemDave Howorth21 Jun
Re: DBD::mysql anonymous user problemDave Howorth21 Jun
  • Re: DBD::mysql anonymous user problemMichael Stassen21 Jun
    • Re: DBD::mysql anonymous user problemDave Howorth23 Jun