MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jacqueline Lee Date:May 11 2005 1:23am
Subject:Help - error during "make" for DBD
View as plain text
Hi,

I need help.  I always encounter this error when I execute the "make" command to install
the DBD-mysql-2.9007.  Can someone please tell me what to do?

# make
cp lib/DBD/mysql.pm blib/lib/DBD/mysql.pm
cp lib/DBD/mysql/GetInfo.pm blib/lib/DBD/mysql/GetInfo.pm
cp lib/Mysql.pm blib/lib/Mysql.pm
cp lib/DBD/mysql/INSTALL.pod blib/lib/DBD/mysql/INSTALL.pod
cp lib/Mysql/Statement.pm blib/lib/Mysql/Statement.pm
cp lib/Bundle/DBD/mysql.pm blib/lib/Bundle/DBD/mysql.pm
gcc -c  -I/opt/iw-home/iw-perl/vendor/lib/auto/DBI -I'/usr/local/mysql/include' -g
-DUSE_HAS_SEED_EXPLICIT -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O    -DVERSION=\"2.9007\"  -DXS_VERSION=\"2.9007\" -fPIC
"-I/opt/iw-home/iw-perl/lib/CORE"   dbdimp.c
/opt/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/perl -p -e "s/~DRIVER~/mysql/g"
/opt/iw-home/iw-perl/vendor/lib/auto/DBI/Driver.xst > mysql.xsi
/opt/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/perl /opt/iw-home/iw-perl/lib/ExtUtils/xsubpp  -typemap
/opt/iw-home/iw-perl/lib/ExtUtils/typemap  mysql.xs > mysql.xsc && mv mysql.xsc
mysql.c
Warning: duplicate function definition 'do' detected in mysql.xs, line 196
Warning: duplicate function definition 'rows' detected in mysql.xs, line 294
gcc -c  -I/opt/iw-home/iw-perl/vendor/lib/auto/DBI -I'/usr/local/mysql/include' -g
-DUSE_HAS_SEED_EXPLICIT -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O    -DVERSION=\"2.9007\"  -DXS_VERSION=\"2.9007\" -fPIC
"-I/opt/iw-home/iw-perl/lib/CORE"   mysql.c
Running Mkbootstrap for DBD::mysql ()
chmod 644 mysql.bs
rm -f blib/arch/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so
LD_RUN_PATH="/usr/lib" /opt/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/perl myld gcc  -Wl,-E -G -L/usr/local/lib
dbdimp.o  mysql.o  -o blib/arch/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so   -L/usr/local/mysql/lib
-lmysqlclient -lcrypt -lgen -lsocket -lnsl -lm
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: illegal option -- E
usage: ld [-6:abc:d:e:f:h:il:mo:p:rstu:z:B:CD:F:GI:L:M:N:P:Q:R:S:VY:?] file(s)
        [-64]           enforce a 64-bit link-edit
        [-a]            create an absolute file
        [-b]            do not do special PIC relocations in a.out
        [-B direct]     specify `direct' bindings for executable when run
        [-B dynamic | static]
                        search for shared libraries|archives
        [-B eliminate]  eliminate unqualified global symbols from the
                        symbol table
        [-B group]      relocate object from within group
        [-B local]      reduce unqualified global symbols to local
        [-B reduce]     process symbol reductions
        [-B symbolic]   bind external references to definitions when creating
                        shared objects
        [-c name]       record configuration file `name'
        [-C]            demangle C++ symbol name diagnostics
        [-d y | n]      operate in dynamic|static mode
        [-D token,...]  print diagnostic messages
        [-e epsym]      use `epsym' as entry point address
        [-f name]       specify library for which this file is an auxiliary
                        filter
        [-F name]       specify library for which this file is a filter
        [-G]            create a shared object
        [-h name]       use `name' as internal shared object identifier
        [-i]            ignore LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting
        [-I name]       use `name' as path of interpreter
        [-l x]          search for libx.so or libx.a
        [-L path]       search for libraries in directory `path'
        [-m]            print memory map
        [-M mapfile]    use processing directives contained in `mapfile'
        [-N string]     create a dynamic dependency for `string'
        [-o outfile]    name the output file `outfile'
        [-p auditlib]   identify audit library to accompany this object
        [-P auditlib]   identify audit library for processing the dependencies
                        of this object
        [-Q y | n]      do|do not place version information in output file
        [-r]            create a relocatable object
        [-R path]       specify a library search path to be used at run time
        [-s]            strip any symbol and debugging information
        [-S supportlib]
                        specify a link-edit support library
        [-t]            do not warn of multiply-defined symbols that have
                        different sizes or alignments
        [-u symname]    create an undefined symbol `symname'
        [-V]            print version information
        [-Y P,dirlist]  use `dirlist' as a default path when searching for
                        libraries
        [-z absexec]    when building an executable absolute symbols
                        referenced in dynamic objects are promoted to
                        the executable
        [-z allextract | defaultextract | weakextract]
                        extract all member files, only members that resolve
                        undefined tor tentative symbols, or allow extraction of
                        archive members to resolvetweak references from
                        archive files
        [-z combreloc]  combine multiple relocation sections
        [-z nocompstrtab]
                        disable compression of string tables
        [-z defs]       disallow undefined symbol references
        [-z direct | nodirect]
                        enable|disable direct binding to shared object
                        dependencies
        [-z endfiltee]  marks a filtee such that it will terminate a filters
                        search
        [-z finiarray=function]
                        name of function to be appended to the .finiarray
        [-z groupperm | nogroupperm]
                        enable|disable setting of group permissions
                        on dynamic dependencies
        [-z ignore | record]
                        ignore|record unused dynamic dependencies
        [-z initarray=function]
                        name of function to be appended to the .initarray
        [-z initfirst]  mark object to indicate that its .init section should
                        be executed before the .init section of any other
                        objects
        [-z interpose]  dynamic object is to be an `interposer' on direct
                        bindings
        [-z lazyload | nolazyload]
                        enable|disable delayed loading of shared object
                        dependencies
        [-z ld32=arg1,arg2,...]
                        define arguments applicable to the 32-bit class of ld(1)
        [-z ld64=arg1,arg2,...]
                        define arguments applicable to the 64-bit class of ld(1)
        [-z loadfltr]   mark filter as requiring immediate loading of its
                        filtees at runtime
        [-z muldefs]    allow multiply-defined symbols
        [-z nodefs]     allow undefined symbol references
        [-z nodefaultlib]
                        mark object to ignore any default library search path
        [-z nodelete]   mark object as non-deletable
        [-z nodlopen]   mark object as non-dlopen()'able
        [-z nodump]     mark object as non-dldump()'able
        [-z nopartial]  expand any partially initialized symbols
        [-z noversion]  don't record any version sections
        [-z now]        mark object as requiring non-lazy binding
        [-z origin]     mark object as requiring $ORIGIN processing
        [-z preinitarray=function]
                        name of function to be appended to the .preinitarray
        [-z redlocsym]  reduce local syms in .symtab to a minimum
        [-z rescan]     rescan archive list until no further member
                        extraction occurs
        [-z text]       disallow output relocations against text
        [-z textoff]    allow output relocations against text
        [-z textwarn]   warn if there are relocations against text
        [-z verbose]    generate warnings for suspicious processings
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `blib/arch/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so'

thanks

regards
jac

 Yahoo! Messenger
- Log on with your mobile phone!
Thread
Help - error during "make" for DBDJacqueline Lee11 May
  • Re: Help - error during "make" for DBDJochen Wiedmann11 May
Re: Help - error during "make" for DBDJacqueline Lee11 May
  • Re: Help - error during "make" for DBDJochen Wiedmann11 May
RE: Help - error during "make" for DBDSST - Adelaide)11 May