MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Packagers« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Davi Arnaut Date:November 9 2010 1:36am
Subject:Re: Removal of the autotools-based build system
View as plain text
Hi Alex,

On 11/8/10 11:28 PM, Alex Esterkin wrote:
> Hi, Davi,
>
> No, configure.ac and configure.in are NOT the same thing.   If you do not
> know the difference, I am not surprised your team had difficulties

The autoconf manual is wrong?

> maintaining the automake based build system.   A properly  written
> configure.ac file is orders of magnitude smaller in size than a comparable
> configure.in.

What is the difference between configure.ac and configure.in files?

> CMake is still quite inferior in architecture and environment detection and
> does not provide the same level of multi-prodict integration capabilities.

It has been working somewhat fine for us so far.

> As an illustration, please, read the following bug entries:
> http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=11375&nbn=1

Hum, interesting.

> http://www.paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=11303

This is one is about Python, should be irrelevant to us.

Regards,

Davi

Thread
Removal of the autotools-based build systemDavi Arnaut5 Nov
  • Re: Removal of the autotools-based build systemAlex Esterkin8 Nov
    • Re: Removal of the autotools-based build systemDavi Arnaut8 Nov
      • Re: Removal of the autotools-based build systemMARK CALLAGHAN8 Nov
      • Re: Removal of the autotools-based build systemAlex Esterkin9 Nov
        • Re: Removal of the autotools-based build systemDavi Arnaut9 Nov
  • Re: Removal of the autotools-based build systemMichal Hrusecky9 Nov
  • Re: Removal of the autotools-based build systemRobin H. Johnson9 Nov