MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Packagers« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vladislav Vaintroub Date:November 8 2010 7:47pm
Subject:RE: Removal of the autotools-based build system
View as plain text

You can extract compiler options from CMakeCache.txt   in server's build directory . The
file is readable (human and machine).
You'd want to use CMAKE_{C,CXX}_FLAGS_{DEBUG,RELWITHDEBINFO} from it. The default build is
"release with debug info"  and will have
RELWITHDEBINFO flags , the debug build will have DEBUG flags.

If you want to build with  exact compile options as server is built for release, you'd can
invoke cmake   with    -C
${path_to_mysql_source}/cmake/build_configurations/mysql_release.cmake (it contains the
options for various compilers and OSes and
other stuff).

Vladislav.

> It would be nice if the new build system made it easier to build
> engines/plugins out side of the build tree.
>
> Barry
>

> On 11/8/10 6:57 AM, "Davi Arnaut" <davi.arnaut@stripped> wrote:
>
> > Hi Dimitri,
> >
> > On 11/8/10 12:27 PM, Dimitri wrote:
> >> Hi Davi,
> >>
> >> the errors I've got due a classic "configure + make"  -  then on
> >> "make" it started to print errors related to "libtool", etc..
> >>
> >> Of course, once there will be no more "configure" - there will be no
> >> errors either..
> >>

> > Right. We also took the opportunity to fix quite a few hacks which were
> > associated with the way we built the server and libraries. For example,
> > we no longer build a non-threaded libmysql (also, C/Connector is now a
> > separate project) and we also avoid building certain things twice.
> >
> > Bottom line, the transition to cmake has made the build system somewhat
> > more saner and easy to tweak and has yielded a speed up in build times.
> > Although there is a learning curve, it is worth the effort. We also
> > documented thoroughly how to build with cmake at
> > http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/CMake, so there shouldn't be much surprises.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Davi

> Barry Leslie
>
> SNAP Innovation Softwareentwicklung GmbH
> Senior Software Engineer
>
> Tel: (001) 250 884 1820
> Fax: (001) 250 595 4460
> Email: Barry.Leslie@stripped
> Web: www.PrimeBase.org
>
> SNAP Innovation Softwareentwicklung GmbH, D-22765 Hamburg,
> Max-Brauer-Allee 50, Germany
> Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 61066, Geschäftsführer: Ulrich Zimmer, Paul
> McCullagh

Removal of the autotools-based build systemDavi Arnaut5 Nov
  • Re: Removal of the autotools-based build systemAlex Esterkin8 Nov
    • Re: Removal of the autotools-based build systemDavi Arnaut8 Nov
      • Re: Removal of the autotools-based build systemMARK CALLAGHAN8 Nov
      • Re: Removal of the autotools-based build systemAlex Esterkin9 Nov
        • Re: Removal of the autotools-based build systemDavi Arnaut9 Nov
  • Re: Removal of the autotools-based build systemMichal Hrusecky9 Nov
  • Re: Removal of the autotools-based build systemRobin H. Johnson9 Nov