MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:NDB Connectors« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Dowling Date:October 23 2007 8:10am
Subject:java m4 issue
View as plain text
Hi Monty,

For some reason unknown to me, the following code fails in
ac_prog_java_works.m4 (i commented out the if-statement to get it to work):

dnl if AC_TRY_COMMAND($JAVA $JAVAFLAGS $TEST) >/dev/null 2>&1; then
  ac_cv_prog_java_works=yes
dnl else
dnl  echo "configure: failed program was:" >&AC_FD_CC
dnl  cat $JAVA_TEST >&AC_FD_CC
dnl  AC_MSG_ERROR(The Java VM $JAVA failed (see config.log, check the
CLASSPATH?))
dnl fi

I have a 1.6 jdk installed in /usr/java/jdk-1.6, and I have set
JAVA_HOME to this directory.
I'm not sure the above m4 code is reliable for recognizing all java
platforms.

On another note, there's no check for the ndb headers, so you can run
configure on the mysql binaries sucessfully (I did this by mistake!). A
check for the existence of the headers would do the trick here.
I got it to build (for java). However, when you build from source, the
include and lib files and in placed sub-directories lib/mysql/* and
include/mysql/* .
I had a switch for that in my old configure.ac file. You may want to add
the switch "--mysql-built-from-source" or something like that, then set
the include and lib directories to be the lib/mysql and include/mysql
directories.

Jim Dowling, Ph.D.

Swedish Institute of Computer Science
Box 1263, SE-164 29 Kista, Sweden