MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:NDB Connectors« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Frazer Clement Date:August 20 2007 2:09pm
Subject:Re: NdbScanFilter with strings
View as plain text
I seem to recall that the passing-convention depends on the comparison
used.
If I remember correctly, LIKE filters don't require the preceding length
byte stuff in the passed buffer, but equality does.
Not sure about the other inequalities.
Keep trying all the combinations.... :)

John David Duncan <jdd@stripped>
20/08/2007 02:02

Monty Taylor <mtaylor@stripped>
cc
ndb-connectors@stripped
Subject
Re: NdbScanFilter with strings

> int cmpString(NdbOperation * op, BinaryCondition cond, int ColId,
> const
> char * anInputString, size_t len ) {
>     const NdbDictionary::Column * theColumn =
> op->getTable()->getColumn(ColId);
>     char * stringVal = ndbFormatString(theColumn,anInputString,len);
>     if (stringVal == NULL)
>       return -1;
>     int retval = self->cmp(cond,ColId,(void *)stringVal);
>     free(stringVal);
>     return retval;
>   };
>
> where ndbFormatString returns the whole length-byte-string thing.
>
> I'm not 100% I've tested this, though. But I think I remember
> talking to
> Johan about it at the time...

Yeah, I try essentially the same thing (with either CHAR or VARCHAR),
but I always get an empty result, as if the filter does not match
anything.

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

NdbScanFilter with stringsJohn David Duncan19 Aug
  • Re: NdbScanFilter with stringsMonty Taylor19 Aug
    • Re: NdbScanFilter with stringsJohn David Duncan20 Aug
      • Re: NdbScanFilter with stringsFrazer Clement20 Aug
        • Re: NdbScanFilter with stringsJohn David Duncan22 Aug
          • Re: NdbScanFilter with stringsMonty Taylor22 Aug
            • Re: NdbScanFilter with stringsJohn David Duncan22 Aug
              • Re: NdbScanFilter with stringsMonty Taylor22 Aug
              • Re: NdbScanFilter with stringsMonty Taylor30 Aug
                • Re: NdbScanFilter with stringsJohn David Duncan30 Aug
                  • Re: NdbScanFilter with stringsMonty Taylor30 Aug