List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:webmaster Date:January 25 2002 6:45pm
Subject:update a row without affecting timestamp-type column
View as plain text
Hello all,

I have a question which just may very well be ridiculous.  In one table,
we have a column of type "timestamp".  In normal cases, we want any changes
to this row to update this timestamp (hence the nature of this datatype).
 However, there is one case where we do NOT want the timestamp to update
if we make a change to some data in that row.

Is there any way to temporarily avoid updating a timestamp type?

Thanks for your time.

-Ian

Thread
update a row without affecting timestamp-type columnwebmaster25 Jan
  • Re: update a row without affecting timestamp-type columnPaul DuBois25 Jan
  • Re: update a row without affecting timestamp-type columnMyk Melez25 Jan