MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hamlin Nicholas-qa568 Date:January 14 2002 6:36pm
Subject:RE: Weird problem with mysql database
View as plain text
Sinisa Milivojevic writes:

>ALTERing will completely break security and permission systems and
>will even prevent MySQL from proper functioning.

Can you give me an example?  I'm having no problems with security even after adding these
columns.  Users only have access to the dbs and tables that I assign in mysql.db and
mysql.tables_priv, since all users are initially created with only "usage" privileges.
How does adding non-privilege, information only columns to the end of mysql.user
jeopardize security?

>And you can only access them via GRANT / REVOKE command.

I don't understand this statement.  I can access them via GRANT/REVOKE, or also by
directly updating the information using UPDATE, INSERT, and DELETE (with the subsequent
FLUSH PRIVILEGES).
Thread
Weird problem with mysql databaseHamlin Nicholas-qa56814 Jan
  • Re: Weird problem with mysql databaseSinisa Milivojevic14 Jan
  • RE: Weird problem with mysql databaseRoger Baklund14 Jan
RE: Weird problem with mysql databaseHamlin Nicholas-qa56814 Jan