MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Caterina Achim Date:January 14 2002 6:28pm
Subject:Question innodb
View as plain text
Hi,

I have a question about setting up the innodb part of mysql server.

I run mysql version 8.21, distribution 3.23.40 for pc-linux-gnu on i686
(installed the binary distribution).
I tried to turn on innodb, so I stopped the server, copied my-medium.cnf
under /etc/my.cnf, uncomment the lines concerning innodb, created the
directory home_dir and started again the server with
/support-files/mysql.server start. The problem is that the deamon ends
immediatlly.

(I get the messages: ./mysql.server: @HOSTNAME@: command not found
./mysql.server: my_print_defaults: command not found
Starting mysqldeamon with the db from .....

....mysqld ended)

If I start mysql.server without /etc/my.cnf I get the same messages, without
the last one, i.e. the deamon doesn't stop.

Should I take the source distribution and compile it with-innodb, or it's
enough to uncomment the lines in my.cnf and probably make some other changes
(?)?

Thank you for your help.
Caterina
Thread