List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Trond Eivind Glomsrød Date:January 8 2002 7:23pm
Subject:Re: Stability problems on 4-way server
View as plain text
Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <d.jacobfeuerborn@stripped> writes:

> We are running MySQL version 3.23.43 on one of our servers and have some
> stability

Where did you get that? The MySQL site?

> Some info about the system:
> 	Dell PowerEdge 8450
> 	4 x Xeon 700
> 	4GB of RAM
> 	Intel GBit ethernet connection
>
> Software:
> 	Base RedHat 7.2 installation
> 	Unpatched kernel 2.4.17

2.4.17 has problems with heavy database usage. Does this happen on the
supported kernels as well? (I'm guessing yes, this doesn't seem to
have anything to do with the kernel... you might want to check if
anything suspicious show up in "dmesg", though)

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.