MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<tonu-mysql Date:August 4 1999 4:50pm
Subject:Re: Best way to move database
View as plain text
> We're running a Mysql 3.22 database on computer 1.
>
> We're going to move it to a bigger better computer, computer 2.
>
> What's the best way to move the database.  We can, if needed turn the Mysql
> off.

 Computer 1:   mysqldump --opt DATABASENAME > file.sql

 then copy this file to another computer and:

 mysql -e "create database DATABASENAME"
 mysql DATABASENAME < file.sql

    That's all!

   Tonu

Thread
How to use the value from a query?Silicon Ghost3 Aug
  • Re: How to use the value from a query?Paul DuBois3 Aug
  • Best way to move databaseWayne Spivak3 Aug
    • Best way to move databaseJani Tolonen3 Aug
    • Re: Best way to move databaseRalph Graulich4 Aug
    • Re: Best way to move databasetonu-mysql4 Aug