List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Ruby Date:August 4 1999 4:42pm
Subject:Re: dual boot machines
View as plain text

myISAM is a new format for the binary index/table structures
that mySQL uses. It currently uses ISAM which has been around for
a while. myISAM is availble in version 3.23.x which is availble
for UNIX and in source code, but the NT port doesn't appear
to be availble (dont' know when it will be availble)

As far as actually getting to the drives NT and linux can both
read FAT partitions in Readwrite mode so if there were binary
compatible talbes (myISAM) on a fat partition on the same machine
they could probably be read by both OS's

I am only a user and not at all involved in mysql coding or
development so don't sue me if my answers are wrong :) but
if they are I'm sure I'll be corrected.

Steve