List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sinisa Milivojevic Date:October 16 2001 4:59pm
Subject:RE: Has this problem been addressed?
View as plain text
Chad Burnette writes:
> wow.. I think my original message may have been slightly misleading.  This
> Security Warning quote (all of the quote, actually) was from a document
> concerning using mySQL with my company's product.  This was not meant to
> address mySQL in general.
>
> The reason I am even posting this problem is that I am an advocate of Open
> Source projects, and I would like to be able to recomment mySQL to potential
> customers of my company's product.  However, my company has advised not
> using mySQL because of a PERCEIVED problem with mySQL.  My goal is to find
> out if this problem is valid, and if so has it been fixed.
>
> To clarify the problem:  my company's product uses JDBC to connect to a
> variety of databases (Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server).  When using our product
> with mySQL a problem (the one below) has been observed, and some developers
> think they have narrowed it down to the stated problem.  Is this assessment
> accurate?  Please note that we have chosen to write our Java code to be DB
> agnostic, therefore we are not willing to take any extra precautions based
> on the DB when using JDBC.
>
> I hope this helps clarify my email.
>
> Thanks,
> Chad Burnette

No, this  message does not clarify your previous message.

Your allegations are entirely false.

I repeat :

MySQL does NOT re-use deleted values in auto-increment columns.

It did so, two or more years ago. Those old versions are not longer
supported.

   __  ___     ___ ____  __
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Mr. Sinisa Milivojevic <sinisa@stripped>
 / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__   MySQL AB, FullTime Developer
       <___/   www.mysql.com

Thread
Has this problem been addressed?Chad Burnette16 Oct
  • Re: Has this problem been addressed?Carl Troein16 Oct
  • Re: Has this problem been addressed?Sinisa Milivojevic16 Oct
  • Re: Has this problem been addressed?Paul DuBois16 Oct
RE: Has this problem been addressed?Chad Burnette16 Oct
  • RE: Has this problem been addressed?Sinisa Milivojevic16 Oct
RE: Has this problem been addressed?Chad Burnette17 Oct