List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Duffy Date:September 10 2001 5:00pm
Subject:Re: MyODBC, DBUG and multi-threaded clients
View as plain text
Hi Monty,

Michael Widenius wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a small comment to this.
>

> Note that you will get crashes in the DBUG package if you call any
> MySQL function inside a thread that hasn't called mysql_init() or
> mysql_connect().
>
> If you want to use MySQL functions in threads that doesn't call the
> above functions, you need to call my_thread_init() at the start of the
> thread and my_thread_end() before the thread ends.
>
> If you think that the DBUG functions are the ones that is causing
> problems, you can always recompile MySQL without --with-debug, in
> which the DBUG macros will not generate any code.
>
> Regards,
> Monty

Thanks very much for this: I will check the application for these calls.

Regards,
Peter
Thread
MyODBC, DBUG and multi-threaded clientsPeter Duffy3 Sep
  • Re: MyODBC, DBUG and multi-threaded clientsSinisa Milivojevic3 Sep
  • Re: MyODBC, DBUG and multi-threaded clientsPeter Duffy3 Sep
    • Re: MyODBC, DBUG and multi-threaded clientsSinisa Milivojevic4 Sep
  • Re: MyODBC, DBUG and multi-threaded clientsPeter Duffy4 Sep
    • Re: MyODBC, DBUG and multi-threaded clientsSinisa Milivojevic5 Sep
      • Re: MyODBC, DBUG and multi-threaded clientsMichael Widenius6 Sep
      • Re: MyODBC, DBUG and multi-threaded clientsMichael Widenius6 Sep
    • Re: MyODBC, DBUG and multi-threaded clientsPeter Duffy10 Sep
    • Re: MyODBC, DBUG and multi-threaded clientsPeter Duffy11 Sep