List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stephen Sherlock Date:July 24 2001 4:12am
Subject:Direct access to a mySQL DB via Visual Basic
View as plain text
I've been told that it's possible to connect directly to a mySQL DataBase with Visual
Basic, by using the {mySQL} provider within the ADO Data Control, however, none of the
providers on the list include mySQL at all, and I was wondering if anyone could shed some
light on this.

I want to connect to the DB directly rather than through ODBC because the final project
I'm working on will include some hefty processor and memory usage as it is, and the last
thing I need is more resources being taken up by ODBC.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen Sherlock

Thread
Direct access to a mySQL DB via Visual BasicStephen Sherlock24 Jul
  • Re: Direct access to a mySQL DB via Visual BasicDennis Salguero24 Jul
  • Re: Direct access to a mySQL DB via Visual BasicEric Grau26 Jul
    • conversionGlyndower27 Jul
Re: Direct access to a mySQL DB via Visual BasicStephen Sherlock24 Jul