List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:JHDrexler Date:July 2 2001 12:50pm
Subject:RE: URGENT! Hard Disk Space limition and Symbolic link
View as plain text
Once you moved the files, did you check the ownership and permissions?
I have had the same error after restoring databases from a backup, only
to find the files were owned by root and the permissions were munched.

Something that I have been known to do is to add another, larger disk
drive, or raid array, or whatever, copy the files to it, and mount it
using a mount point of /var/lib/mysql.  It has worked very well in a
pinch.  It also sidesteps issue that can arise from trying to backup
symbolic links with certain backup utilities.   If I need to detail the
steps on that then let me know.

JHDrexler@stripped