List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rory O'Connor Date:June 15 2001 11:55pm
Subject:2 programs - 1 database
View as plain text
I am using a PHP script and a separate perl script, and they are
operating on the same MySQL database.  I am fairly new to MySQL (and
programming in general), and I'm wondering if this could cause any
problems - especially during peak traffic times.  Are there measures I
should be taking to minimize the risk of data loss or lockup (other than
the obvious backups)?

I used to work with a perl script of a flatfile database and it would
start doing *very* strange things during peak traffic times.

Thanks,

Rory

providing the finest in midget technology
Thread
2 programs - 1 databaseRory O'Connor16 Jun
Re: 2 programs - 1 databasePaul DuBois16 Jun