List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Heather Wagamon Date:June 6 2001 12:49am
Subject:install mysql
View as plain text
Can someone help me please?
I need to have mysql up and running by tomorrow...
I'm having problems installing the msql-mysql -modules  about 95% of my
tests fail.  I thought it said online that it could be because perl and
mysql are not compiled with the same compiler so you should reinstall them.
I had someone upgrade perl for me (that went fine), and then I tried to
reinstall mysql.  I just made a bigger mess.  Now mysql won't even start.  I
used mysql-3.22.32-pc-linux-gnu-i686.tar.gz and followed the instructions in
the manual.  I got as far as ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql   then it
says to make.  make won't work for me.  It says : make: *** No targets.
Stop.
I don't know what to do.  I don't know much about linux at all.  If someone
could please please help me, i'd appreciate it!!

Thread
restore table?Richard Reina5 Jun
  • Re: restore table?Jeremy Zawodny5 Jun
  • Re: restore table?Richard Reina5 Jun