List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Peddycoart Date:June 5 2001 11:29pm
Subject:RE: Need help on mysql/php
View as plain text
Thanks...this helped...Just had success in connecting to the MySQL server
and dumping the db contents to the screen....One worrisome bit though...My
username and password for connecting to the db on my host is my username and
password for the web account.  If I want to create dynamic webpages by
pulling data from my db, won't I have to put this information (usersname and
pw) in the php file and leave it on the server?  Sounds pretty darn scary to
me...maybe I am confused.
Ed