List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Olexandr Vynnychenko Date:June 5 2001 9:14pm
Subject:Re: Need help on mysql/php
View as plain text
Hello Ed,

EP> I recently move my website to FastWebServers.com.  MySQL and PHP is
EP> provided.  I have a control panel which allows me to initialize MySQL for my
EP> use.  The initialization creates a db, named celticblues_com (my domain is
EP> celticblues.com).  So far, I have added a table to my database, and added
EP> the neccessary fields.  Now I am at a total loss at what to do.  I want to
EP> use PHP scripts to pull info from the db and search the db etc.  I have
EP> contacted my support from FWS, but they point me to MySQL.com for "Mysql
EP> commands technical support".  Seems to me I would need to know how to set
EP> username/password to access the db from script etc.   The bottom line
EP> question is can someone point me to information on what I need to do to be
EP> able to access(open/close) the db, retrieve/store information, etc. in this
EP> type of environment (i.e. MySQL provide by my host service, not installed by
EP> me....)?
EP> Ed

I don't uderstand exactly what you need...
If you don't know how to work with MySQL databases using PHP just
look at PHP Manual (http://www.php.net/docs.php) Chapter "L. MySQL
functions" (http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.mysql.php). To
understand it quickly see function mysql_connect.

--
Best regards,
 Olexandr                            mailto:supaboy@stripped

Thread
Need help on mysql/phpEd Peddycoart5 Jun
  • RE: Need help on mysql/phpJorge Oliveira5 Jun
    • RE: Need help on mysql/phpEd Peddycoart5 Jun
      • RE: Need help on mysql/phpJorge Oliveira5 Jun
        • RE: Need help on mysql/phpPaul DuBois6 Jun
          • RE: Need help on mysql/phpEd Peddycoart6 Jun
            • RE: Need help on mysql/phpPaul DuBois6 Jun
          • RE: Need help on mysql/phpKenneth Kopelson6 Jun
            • RE: Need help on mysql/phpPaul DuBois6 Jun
        • RE: Need help on mysql/phpSommai Fongnamthip6 Jun
      • RE: Need help on mysql/phpDon Read6 Jun
        • RE: Need help on mysql/phpPaul DuBois6 Jun
        • RE: Need help on mysql/phpNeil Zanella6 Jun
  • Re: Need help on mysql/phpB. van Ouwerkerk5 Jun
  • Re: Need help on mysql/phpOlexandr Vynnychenko5 Jun
RE: Need help on mysql/phpJorge Oliveira6 Jun
  • RE: Need help on mysql/phpEd Peddycoart6 Jun
RE: Need help on mysql/phpIan Ford7 Jun
  • RE: Need help on mysql/phpNeil Zanella7 Jun
  • RE: Need help on mysql/phpAdrian D'Costa7 Jun
    • RE: Need help on mysql/phpPaul DuBois7 Jun