List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:B. van Ouwerkerk Date:June 5 2001 8:59pm
Subject:Re: Need help on mysql/php
View as plain text
Great support..

Right.. take a look at www.devshed.com they've got a few nice tutorials..
if you plan to work a lot with MySQL you might want to buy the book called
MySQL written by Paul DuBois or fill out the survey and hope you'll get one
for free ;-)..

Other interesting websites: www.phpbuilder.com www.phpnewbie.com
www.phpbeginner.com and many others can be found using your favorite
searchengine.

Bye,

B.

At 13:30 5-6-01 -0700, Ed Peddycoart wrote:
>I recently move my website to FastWebServers.com.  MySQL and PHP is
>provided.  I have a control panel which allows me to initialize MySQL for my
>use.  The initialization creates a db, named celticblues_com (my domain is
>celticblues.com).  So far, I have added a table to my database, and added
>the neccessary fields.  Now I am at a total loss at what to do.  I want to
>use PHP scripts to pull info from the db and search the db etc.  I have
>contacted my support from FWS, but they point me to MySQL.com for "Mysql
>commands technical support".  Seems to me I would need to know how to set
>username/password to access the db from script etc.   The bottom line
>question is can someone point me to information on what I need to do to be
>able to access(open/close) the db, retrieve/store information, etc. in this
>type of environment (i.e. MySQL provide by my host service, not installed by
>me....)?
>Ed

Need help on mysql/phpEd Peddycoart5 Jun
  • RE: Need help on mysql/phpJorge Oliveira5 Jun
    • RE: Need help on mysql/phpEd Peddycoart5 Jun
      • RE: Need help on mysql/phpJorge Oliveira5 Jun
        • RE: Need help on mysql/phpPaul DuBois6 Jun
          • RE: Need help on mysql/phpEd Peddycoart6 Jun
            • RE: Need help on mysql/phpPaul DuBois6 Jun
          • RE: Need help on mysql/phpKenneth Kopelson6 Jun
            • RE: Need help on mysql/phpPaul DuBois6 Jun
        • RE: Need help on mysql/phpSommai Fongnamthip6 Jun
      • RE: Need help on mysql/phpDon Read6 Jun
        • RE: Need help on mysql/phpPaul DuBois6 Jun
        • RE: Need help on mysql/phpNeil Zanella6 Jun
  • Re: Need help on mysql/phpB. van Ouwerkerk5 Jun
  • Re: Need help on mysql/phpOlexandr Vynnychenko5 Jun
RE: Need help on mysql/phpJorge Oliveira6 Jun
  • RE: Need help on mysql/phpEd Peddycoart6 Jun
RE: Need help on mysql/phpIan Ford7 Jun
  • RE: Need help on mysql/phpNeil Zanella7 Jun
  • RE: Need help on mysql/phpAdrian D'Costa7 Jun
    • RE: Need help on mysql/phpPaul DuBois7 Jun