MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:soon chee keong Date:February 6 2001 1:39pm
Subject:cant connect to local mysql server
View as plain text
hi......could someone pls help me

i had created mysql server before in my pc but this morning i discovered
that i cant access my mysql server.....this is what i typed:

shell> mysql

this is what i got:

ERROR 2002:Can't connect to local MySQL Server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.sock'(111)

what is it trying to say???
by the way, i wasn't logged on to the internet at that moment. Is that the
reason why it fails to connect????