MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:alexander.skwar Date:February 6 2001 1:06pm
Subject:Antwort: Design philosophy
View as plain text

On 06.02.2001 12:07:42 David Allen wrote:

>    * It is normal design philosophy  to have the php scripts on the web
>      server which talk to the database server or is there some other way
>      in which it could be done. What do Amazon do?

Sorry, I don't quite get your question - are you asking if the PHP-enabled web
server should be the same machine as the database server?  For large sites I
would suggest to split those machines, ie. have one (or many) machines that
don't do anything besides serving web pages and in the backend one or more
database machines.
Is that what you wanted to know?

Thread
Design philosophyDavid Allen6 Feb
  • Re: Design philosophyJeremy Cole6 Feb
  • Re: Design philosophyUnknown Sender6 Feb
Antwort: Design philosophyalexander.skwar6 Feb