List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Jacques Date:June 30 1999 11:16pm
Subject:help install dirs
View as plain text
Hello, I'm running slackware 4.0 on a pentium.

I first tried the binary i686, but even thought it seem to install
succesfully, I could not get the mysqld running and could not find where
it put the files.

So, I tried the source and it installed everything wherever it wanted
too and I spent an hour makeing links to this and that and copying files
around. A real mess.

I just removed all the files and links and am ready to start over again.
How do I tell it to install in the default directories that are defined
in the user manual?

thanks
John Jacques
johnjac@stripped

Thread
help install dirsJohn Jacques1 Jul
  • Re: help install dirsSasha Pachev1 Jul