MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jene Novakovic Date:June 30 1999 6:40am
Subject:Re: Problem: multiple write locks at the same time...
View as plain text
Jene Novakovic wrote:
> After transforming several Perl-cgi-pages to PHP3 and upgrading the code to
> use locks I get something very ilogic: There seem to be several write and
> read locks on the same table at the same time. Extract from mysqladmin
> processlist:

Hi
the problem still persists.
I do not know what I am doing wrong to get 200 READ LOCKS on a table and at
the same time a WRITE LOCK:
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat WRITE
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ
| Locked | LOCK TABLES Inserat AS I READ, Kunde AS K READ

could it be, that Mysql does not realize during locking that 'LOCK TABLES
Inserat AS I READ' is the same table as 'LOCK TABLES Inserat WRITE'?

Regards,
Jene

--
Mailto:info@stripped      WWW: http://1net.ch/

1 net                    Tel: +41(31)318-1100
Spitalgasse 29           Fax: +41(31)318-1101
CH-3011 Bern             Mob: +41(79)356-5588
SWITZERLAND
Thread
Problem: multiple write locks at the same time...Jene Novakovic30 Jun
  • Re: Problem: multiple write locks at the same time...matthew mcglynn30 Jun
  • Re: Problem: multiple write locks at the same time...Jene Novakovic30 Jun
    • Re: Problem: multiple write locks at the same time...Michael Widenius30 Jun
  • Re: Problem: multiple write locks at the same time...Scott Hess30 Jun