List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Mings Date:June 28 1999 7:31pm
Subject:Problems with errorcode 13 -still
View as plain text
I am reposting this as I have not yet seen any solution posted, and
didn't want to get lost in the masses. I know this is a high traffic list
but I would appreciate any suggestions for a solution or somewhere else I
might look. Thanks.

I successfully installed the MySQL rpm onto a machine running RedHat
Linux 6. This installation installs an autostart  mysql daemon. However I
have discovered a big problem. After installation I went through the
execises in the manual to test and restart safe_mysql and subsequently
had great fun creating some users and datbases. However I have discovered
that I cannot access the databases after an autostart of mysql (occuring
at Linux bootup). I consistently get error code 13. I also found out I
could not access mysql from a remote client in my LAN. However, if I
shutdown mysql and start it as safe_mysql everything works fine. I tried
the proceedure mentioned in the manual for error code 13 (running a
couple UMASK commands from a shell) but that had no effect (except for
the effect of manually starting it as safe_mysql which solves the
errors). What can I do to make mysql work correctly from autostarting it
at bootup? I would like to understand what the issue is here. I tried
searching the net and list archives but have not found the answer.
Suggestions greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Eric Mings Ph.D.

Thread
Problems with errorcode 13 -stillEric Mings28 Jun