MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alex Vorobiev Date:June 24 1999 4:11pm
Subject:mod_auth_mysql/DSO: httpd cannot load, undefined symbol __ucmpdi2
View as plain text
	RedHat 6.0
	Apache 1.3.6
	mod_auth_mysql-2.20

	- i edited the Makefile to use apxs to create a loadable apache
	module.  here is the log of the make session:

	/usr/sbin/apxs -c -o libauth_mysql.so -I/usr/include/mysql
		-L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -lcrypt mod_auth_mysql.c

	gcc -O2 -DLINUX=2 -DNO_DBM_REWRITEMAP -fpic -DSHARED_MODULE
		-I/usr/include/apache -I/usr/include/mysql
		-c mod_auth_mysql.c

	ld -Bshareable -o libauth_mysql.so mod_auth_mysql.o
		-L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -lcrypt

	this completes successfully, and i get my libauth_mysql.so file.

	- i copy the file to /etc/httpd/modules, and edit the httpd.conf
	file to add the following:

	LoadModule auth_mysql_module    modules/libauth_mysql.so
	AddModule mod_auth_mysql.c

	- when i attempt to start apache, i get:

	Syntax error on line 73 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
	Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/libauth_mysql.so into server:
	/etc/httpd/modules/libauth_mysql.so: undefined symbol: __ucmpdi2
							   [FAILED]

	- i failed to find the symbol in any of the include files or
	linked libraries.  i searched all of the include dir, and ran
	'nm' on any and all libs, and the only lib that contains the
	symbol is libgtop_sysdeps.so.1

	ok, i am not an expert in compiling/shared lib support.  why
	would that symbol even be included in the object file
	(mod_mysql_auth.o)?

	if it should be there, how do i tell the module to use the
	gtop shared lib at runtime?

	thanks for your help!

	-sasha@stripped
Thread
mod_auth_mysql/DSO: httpd cannot load, undefined symbol __ucmpdi2Alex Vorobiev24 Jun