MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Darrell Shifflett Date:June 23 1999 10:46pm
Subject:Re: MySQL to text?
View as plain text
On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Sasha Pachev wrote:

> Darrell Shifflett wrote:
> >
> > http://www.linuxtoday.com/lthead.txt is a file that has the daily news
> > on the site updated daily. Can someone enlighten me on how linuxtoday
> > might be getting the news in the tables on there main site? Ive seen a few
> > sites doing this buy retrieving the lthead.txt and somehow putting this
> > on an html document with borders and tables.
> >
> > Redhat 6.0
> > MySQL 3.22.22
> > php-3.0.9
> > Apache 1.3.6
> >
> > Any help appreciated,
> >

> Not sure about what you are looking for exacly - if you have news data
> somewhere on the web in a certain known format, in a couple of hours you
> could write a Perl script to retrieve it, parse, and enter into your
> tables. Another couple of hours, and you could have PHP or CGI written
> in your favorite language to display the news from the tables in the
> format your are most happy with.

Thanks Sasha, that really helped out .... but basically i havent found
any documentation on how to exactly insert 10 news items out of MySQL into
a PHP format that includes all the nice tables.

Cheers,

Thread
MySQL to text?Darrell Shifflett23 Jun
  • Re: MySQL to text?Fred Read23 Jun
  • Re: MySQL to text?Sasha Pachev23 Jun
    • Re: MySQL to text?Darrell Shifflett24 Jun
      • Re: MySQL to text?Sasha Pachev24 Jun
Re: MySQL to text?Mike Hanney24 Jun