MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:bhildred Date:June 23 1999 9:45pm
Subject:login authintication
View as plain text
Oh Great Gurus, of the data base,
	I was looking over my passwd, shadow, smbpasswd files and the mysql
authentication tables, and was pondering, If I wrote a pam module which
referred all authentication to mysql, could I add a couple columns to
the users table, or would this be asking for trouble?
	I have also have looked briefly at another project in which they were
using my sql to authinticat for a mail server, and were reporting that
when using a query like:

select cuont(*) where user==USER and password==passwor(PASSWORD);

that passwords were saved in the log, so does anyone know where the
source password function is (I have source for mysql 3.22.22), and about
how difficult it would be to integrate with my client?

thanks for any and all help, (off the wall comments concerning sanity
excluded).

Ben
Thread
login authinticationbhildred24 Jun
  • Re: login authinticationFred Read24 Jun
  • Re: login authinticationbhildred24 Jun
    • Re: login authinticationMichael Widenius29 Jun