MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sean Hynes Date:June 23 1999 9:10pm
Subject:Re: Yellow Page Setup
View as plain text
Thank you very much for the quick response and help!

Maybe creating a table per state would be in order, because the data could
easily get up to 1,000 records per city.
If we use major metropoliton cities, there probably won't be many multiple
city searching. That won't be a funcition of
a query anyway.
So what is the majic number to switch to seperate tables maybe around 1,000
per table?
 What else would be a reason for looping across multiple tables?

Thanks again for advice! You da man!