MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:ed Date:June 23 1999 5:55pm
Subject:Re: Persistent connections to db?
View as plain text
I don't think I agree with the statement that persistent connections are a
php thing... persistent connections can be implemented in any enviroment
in which there is some sort of program persistance.  I am currently using
a persistent connection connection pooling mechanism in java, for
instance.  I will however agree that php does make persistent connections
a pretty easy to use sort of thing...

--ed

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Paul DuBois wrote:

> At 12:48 PM -0400 6/23/1999, Tom Cunningham wrote:
> >I'm running Red Hat 6.0, and I'm unsure of whether I'm using persistent
> >connections to my mysql db. I've installed the MySQL binaries on my
> >system. How would I find out whether I'm using persistent connections or
> >not, and if I'm not, how would I go about setting up persistent
> >connections?
>
> Persistent connections are a PHP thing.  Are you using PHP?
>
> --
> Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
> Northern League Chronicles: http://www.snake.net/nl/

Persistent connections to db?Tom Cunningham23 Jun
  • Re: Persistent connections to db?Paul DuBois23 Jun
    • Re: Persistent connections to db?Tom Cunningham23 Jun
      • Re: Persistent connections to db?Daniel Koch23 Jun
        • DBD::mysql fails on two tests?Tom Cunningham24 Jun
          • glibc 2.1 performanceTom Cunningham25 Jun
            • Re: glibc 2.1 performance(Paul D. Smith)25 Jun
              • Re: glibc 2.1 performanceTom Cunningham25 Jun
                • Re: glibc 2.1 performanceathompso28 Jun
    • Re: Persistent connections to db?ed23 Jun
Re: glibc 2.1 performanceAndrew Dunstan25 Jun