List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:PinkeshP Date:June 20 1999 11:40pm
Subject:Re: Storing HTML text
View as plain text
In a message dated 6/20/99 5:49:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tgf@stripped
writes:

<< I'm developing a web site that uses MySQL to store the information and
 Apache / PHP to read it (or modify it) from the web.

 I am using TEXT fields for the body of the articles, but the main HTML
 thing is on the PHP files, so I can store the content almost without HTML
 (just some  and , but I'm trying to keep it clean to allow non HTML
 knowing people to update this info).

 What I am still thinking is how to handle the special characters
 (umlauts, tilde and so on...). The website is in english and german so I
 have a lot of this things... One posibility could be to store it as HTML
 (&uumlaut; and so on...) but I need to run some proccesses to translate
 this when somebody is updating the info using a HTML form... Any ideas...?

 Thanks!

 Tomas Garcia Ferrari

 Bigital
 http://bigital.com

maybe try using PHP string function htmlentities or there is some other
function  i can't remember. But look into PHP's manual under string function.
I am trying to do similar thing as you
Thread
Storing HTML textChris Lott19 Jun
  • Re: Storing HTML textPaul DuBois19 Jun
    • Re: Storing HTML textChris Lott19 Jun
      • Re: Storing HTML textPaul DuBois19 Jun
    • Re: Storing HTML textGarrick Staples19 Jun
    • Re: Storing HTML textJay J19 Jun
    • Re: Storing HTML textJay J19 Jun
  • Re: Storing HTML textRobert Hazeltine20 Jun
Re: Storing HTML textTomas Garcia Ferrari21 Jun
Re: Storing HTML textPinkeshP21 Jun
Re: Storing HTML textTomas Garcia Ferrari22 Jun