List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tomas Garcia Ferrari Date:June 20 1999 11:49pm
Subject:Re: Storing HTML text
View as plain text
> Is anyone generating web pages with a lot of HTML text from a MySQL db, and
> if so, how are you approaching storage of the text. My initial idea has been
> to use the longtext field to hold the stories with basic html formatting and
> then pull these and stuff the pages. The problem is figuring out how to get
> the pages into the db at the same time. Short of entering them one by one, I
> mean... I can't seem to get a working LOAD DATA file that has multiline
> fields...

I'm developing a web site that uses MySQL to store the information and
Apache / PHP to read it (or modify it) from the web.

I am using TEXT fields for the body of the articles, but the main HTML
thing is on the PHP files, so I can store the content almost without HTML
(just some <B> and <I>, but I'm trying to keep it clean to allow non HTML
knowing people to update this info).

What I am still thinking is how to handle the special characters
(umlauts, tilde and so on...). The website is in english and german so I
have a lot of this things... One posibility could be to store it as HTML
(&uumlaut; and so on...) but I need to run some proccesses to translate
this when somebody is updating the info using a HTML form... Any ideas...?

Thanks!

Tomas Garcia Ferrari

Bigital
http://bigital.com

Thread
Storing HTML textChris Lott19 Jun
  • Re: Storing HTML textPaul DuBois19 Jun
    • Re: Storing HTML textChris Lott19 Jun
      • Re: Storing HTML textPaul DuBois19 Jun
    • Re: Storing HTML textGarrick Staples19 Jun
    • Re: Storing HTML textJay J19 Jun
    • Re: Storing HTML textJay J19 Jun
  • Re: Storing HTML textRobert Hazeltine20 Jun
Re: Storing HTML textTomas Garcia Ferrari21 Jun
Re: Storing HTML textPinkeshP21 Jun
Re: Storing HTML textTomas Garcia Ferrari22 Jun