List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Matzdorff Date:June 16 1999 7:54pm
Subject:Perl modules require include files from MYSQL
View as plain text
I am having problems installing the perl modules that are needed to run
MySQL (or access it, as the case may be) remotely.

Essentially, I have a database set up on one machine running, working.  I
can access it via the Perl modules while logged onto that machine running
the script from that machine.

I now want to run the same script, from a different machine.  So I realize
I need to install the perl modules on that machine as well.  But, when I
try and do a make install for the module "Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2014", i
get the error:

make: don't know how to make /usr/local/include/mysql/mysql.h

which makes sense, since I didn't install the ACTUAL mysql server on this
machine.

What do I do for this?!?!?!  Help!

--jim

--------
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

Thread
Perl modules require include files from MYSQLJim Matzdorff16 Jun
  • Re: Perl modules require include files from MYSQLVivek Khera17 Jun
  • Re: Perl modules require include files from MYSQLTani Hosokawa17 Jun