List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brian Clifton Date:October 9 2000 8:51am
Subject:Re: sql-bench
View as plain text
I am also on RH6.2, MySQL is running as I can see the daemons in 'ps -e |
grep mysql' but when I try sql-bench/run-all-tests, all I get is: 'run-
all-tests: command not found'.

One difference it that I installed via rpm - Vadim suggests building from
source. Just wanted to check any other possibility before starting all
over again.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Best regards, Brian

> Yes, it might take well over an hour. Really, depends on the speed of your
> hardware. There's a logging option (I don't remember off the top of my
> head) - it will be creating log files for every test being performed in
> the './output' directory, so you can monitor the testing process. An
> appropriate invocation instruction example is listed in one of the script
> files in the 'sql-bench' directory.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Vadim.
>

> JuanE wrote:
> >
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I am a newbie to mysql (and sql DB's in general). I just installed the
> > latest binary for linux ([pc-linux-gnu-i686]) and everything went
> > according to the installation instructions. But I ran
> > sql-bench/run-all-tests and it is taking forever, it's been ther for
> > more than an hour. I searched everywhere in mysql.com for some sample
> > benchmark output files, but I haven't found anything.
> >
> > I guess my question is, is run-all-test supposed to run for more than an
> > hour, or I am just being impatient? Also, If someone would be kind
> > enough to look at my output files, contact me directly and I'll send
> > them.
> >
> > BTW, I am running it on RedHat 6.2 on a PII400, 512MB RAM, on a SCSI 10K
> > HDD, with no load whatsoever. It's a test machine only running MySQL.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > JES

Thread
sql-benchJuanE6 Oct