MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Seung Yoo Date:October 6 2000 5:37am
Subject:Replication questions
View as plain text
Hi, I am a newbie and have a few questions about the replication because I couldn't get it to work.

1. My main problem is that the slave does not update the data, and 'LOAD TABLES FROM MASTER' just hangs.

2. In the manual, section 11 talks about the replication setup(master/slave), and it says that I have to copy the tables from the master to the slave at the begining.  Does this mean I have to copy every databases except the default, 'mysql' database?

3. When I do copy the master data into the slave at the first time, can I use 'mysqldump' to back the master data, ftp them to the slave server, and restore them in the slave server?  The manual also suggests that I use 'LOAD TABLES FROM MASTER' command, and does this apply to the first time when I transfer the master data to the slave server or to any time.

Thanks.

Ryu
Thread
Replication questionsSeung Yoo6 Oct