List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:nicolas.michaud Date:September 12 2000 8:56am
Subject:Re: Protection of tables with UNIX logins and passwords
View as plain text
Thanks for your answers and your help,

Does it means it is not possible for the moment ? I found information about
PAM (Pluggable Authentification modules), is there another way to use
UNIX logins/passwords with MySql ?

Thanks for your help
Nicolas

jzawodn@stripped on 12/09/2000 00:43:24
Please respond to mysql@stripped@SMTP
To:	Nicolas Michaud/LME/PCC/PHILIPS@EMEA1
cc:	mysql@stripped@SMTP
Subject:	Re: Protection of tables with UNIX logins and passwords
Classification:

On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 12:26:17PM +0200, nicolas.michaud@stripped wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I don t know if you can help me, I would like to protect mysql
> tables with UNIX login and password.  I do not have the password of
> every boby (I have 2000 users !) I don t want that the users have a
> special password for MySql.
>
> Do you know if  possible, what is the command ?

Hm. It would be nice to have compile-time support for PAM in MySQL's
privilege system, wouldn't it?

Jeremy
--
Jeremy D. Zawodny, <jzawodn@stripped>
Technical Yahoo - Yahoo Finance

Thread
Protection of tables with UNIX logins and passwordsnicolas.michaud11 Sep
  • Re: Protection of tables with UNIX logins and passwordsJeremy D. Zawodny12 Sep
Re: Protection of tables with UNIX logins and passwordsnicolas.michaud12 Sep
  • Re: Protection of tables with UNIX logins and passwordsJeremy D. Zawodny14 Sep
Re: Protection of tables with UNIX logins and passwordsnicolas.michaud13 Sep