List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mysql Mailing List Date:September 11 2000 10:12pm
Subject:Installation help needed.
View as plain text
Hi, all:

I am trying to install mysql onto our Sun AXI 360 server (with Solaris 2.8
and Apache 1.3.12).

I got an error called "checksum error..." when I was untar the file.  After
I read more about mysql document, and realize that there is something need
to be fixed with Solaris.

"NOTE: Because of a bug in Solaris tar, Solaris users should use gnu tar to
unpack archives."

Since I am new to Unix server, and I got stuck here.  Would somebody give me
some ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Xi Jiang