List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Ruby Date:June 9 1999 11:58pm
Subject:Java question: jdbc driver
View as plain text
Any one have any suggestions why I can't get the org.gjt.mm
or twz1 jdbc drivers working. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong
I am considering java as a replacement for my C++/mysql apps

The following excerpt from my doGet or service (I've used both)
in a java servlet always results in ClassNotFoundException

This will always trip a ClassNotFoundException
but .getMessage() returns null I am getting basically
the same result with the org.gjt.mm driver

what am I doing wrong? Claspath has twz1.jdbc.mysql.jdbcMysqlDriver
in it because i can put that in import and on
javac -verbose it appears to load

Thanks
Steve

try {
                        //Load the driver
                        Class.forName("twz1.jdbc.mysql.jdbcMysqlDriver");

                        //Get a Connection to the database
                        con = DriverManager.getConnection (url, "root","");

                        //Create a Statement object
                        stmt = con.createStatement();

Thread
Java question: jdbc driverSteve Ruby10 Jun
  • Re: Java question: jdbc driverChristian Mack10 Jun