MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Biango Date:June 9 1999 9:15pm
Subject:Searching on 15k text fields
View as plain text
Hello,

I am making a message board where people will post small
approx 3-15k messages. I want to stay away from writing out the
messages to disk and would like to put the posts into a table
instead.

Is searching on text in text fields (i.e., message LIKE '%word%')
efficient enough to be used in this way. A full-text search engine
might be better, but I haven't come across any good ones yet. I'm
thinking that since the messages are pretty small in size, I might
be able to use mySQL for this.

Thanks,

Mark
Thread
Searching on 15k text fieldsMark Biango10 Jun
Re: Searching on 15k text fieldsPhilip Hallstrom10 Jun